Assembly By-Election – May 2022
Missed out on the elections? Think again! We have reopened nominations for the following Assembly Member positions. Nominations have opened and will close on Thursday 19th at 12:00pm. Be quick & apply now.
There are 12 positions available on our Assembly:
- 8 (positions) x School of Arts and Social Sciences
- 2 (positions) x School of Health Sciences
- 1 (position) x Bayes Business School
- 1 (position) x School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering
As an Assembly Member you will have the opportunity to talk to students in your School to understand the issues they are facing, attend at least four meetings across the year and set, review and progress the Union’s priorities.
Taking up one of these positions will help you to develop and grow your skills in a familiar environment that is personally and professionally rewarding. You will have access to exciting opportunities, be able to deliver projects and launch campaigns to improve the student experience. This is all while having the full support of the Students’ Union team to help you work to the best of your abilities.
Complete your application form – you only need:
- A photograph of yourself
- A 6-word slogan
- 3 priorities (the things you'll do if you get the job)
- Complete your application here – deadline to submit your application is on Thursday 19th of May at 12:00pm (GMT).
- Attend the Applicant Briefing, Friday 20th May, 12pm - 13:00pm, online (MS Teams – link to be sent to candidates)
- Check out our for useful information.
If you need more information, book a MS Teams chat with a member of the Students’ Union team or drop by the Students’ Union Welcome Desk.
Voting & Results
- Voting opens on Monday 23rd of May at 9:00 and closes on Tuesday 24th of May at 16:00pm.
- Results will be announced on Wednesday 24th of May.