The Autumn Elections are used to elect the Chair of Student Council, 15 Student Councillors, National Union of Students’ (NUS) Conference Delegates and Part-time Officers positions. Students elected to these positions lead the change and elevate your views.
To nominate yourself, all you have to do is:
- Visit the City SU Elections page; on this page you will find the elections details and the options to view the positions available and those you are eligible to stand for. On this page click on ‘Stand in Election’
- Once you have clicked on ‘Stand in Election’ page, you will be taken to a page where you will be requested to enter your details (display name, email, address, phone number etc.). Once entered, click ‘save’
- Once you have saved your details, you can stand for a post if you meet the requirements by clicking ‘stand’ within the ‘Review Nominations’ area under the post you wish to stand for.
- Once you have submitted your nomination form, you will be able to upload your candidate approval status, be able to upload and edit your manifesto, photo, 50-word statement, six-word slogan and withdraw your nomination.
- If you do not submit all of your mandatory items at the same time as your nomination, you will be able to navigate back to the election display page and ‘Review Nominations’ where you will be able to upload the outstanding items or withdraw your candidacy
You can submit a nomination here - the deadline for nominations is Sunday 17th December 23:59pm.
All positions are open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. When you try to submit your nomination, if it shows as not elegible please complete this nomination form before Sunday 17th of October at 23:59pm.
If you have any questions, please contact SUelections@city.ac.uk and we hope you find this article useful.