As part of Welcome 2021 we are looking for societies to organise and run events to help make our new and returning students feel welcome at City as part of the 2021 welcome period.
Welcome runs from 31 August - 3 October (with Welcome Week taking place 26 September - 2 October)
These events are a great way for new and returning students to learn about your society and it can be an excellent way to attract new members. They are also an excellent opportunity for students to make friends and find a group of like minded individuals.
If you would like to run an event with your society as part of Welcome please complete this form to let us know the details of the event you would like to run. When planning your event please consider the following:
- How will this event benefit students?
- How will this event help students feel welcome at City University?
- How will this event help students to discover what your society is about?
- Are there any events you have run in the past that were particularly succesful that you believe would benefit students in Welcome Week?
- Do you have the time/resources in order to be able to pull this event off succesfully?
- What help might you need from the SU in order to pull of your event succesfully?
We are currrently planning as though campus will be able to open up as usual in September, however, in your planning you should consider how you can make the event work if social distancing is still in place. We are also anticipating that some students may not be able to return to campus (for example, because of international travel restrictions) so please do also consider how you may be able to ensure that students that are still attending campus remotely can engage with your society and consider organising an online event.
If you would like to be involved, please complete this form as soon as possible so that we can begin planning, and by 16 June at the very latest. Please note that this form is for society events and activites in Welcome Week, it is not to book a stall in Freshers Fair. Information on how to book a stall will be circulated closer to the time.
If you would like to discuss your idea in more detail please contant firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can organise a meeting with Nancy through the calender on this page.