Helping you to stand out from the crowd
The Leadership Elections 2020 are around the corner, and we’re serious about making sure you get the most out of it – with all the information you need and development sessions. To find out if it’s for you, have a careful read of the information below during the Holiday season.
Clear benefits if you stand
- Get great experience employers are looking for
- Build your confidence and develop your skills
- Make the University better for your mates
Take a step
Nominations open on Monday 18 January – when you can put yourself forward for a position, and you could even be paid to represent students. Or do you think your friend would be super good? You will be able to recommend a friend too.
Get paid and work full time leading the Students' Union with our Full-Time positions, or continue your studies with our voluntary Part Time positions.
Stand now, campaign in February, and you'll take office from the 1 July. To understand more about these roles, please read the role descriptions below:
Vice President Community & Wellbeing
Vice President Education
Student Media Officer
Ethics & Environmental Officer
Disabled Students Officer
International Students Officer
Black and Minority Ethnic Students Officer
Academic Interest Officers
Alternatively, you can come along to our ‘How can a leadership role support your future career’ session in term 2 and obtain a better understanding:
- Why is this position for you?
- How these roles can help your future career –
- How to get this position?
Details of the sessions can be found below:
- 21 January – 13:00 to 13:45
- 26 January – 16:00 to 16:45
- 27 January – 9:10 to 9:55
- 29 January – 13:00 to 13:45
To sign up to an event, visit our What’s On page here