We know some of you are facing issues logging into the City Students’ Union Website – so we’ve put together this handy guide to help you fix the issues with your account.
To use the City Students’ Union website, you now MUST log in with your @city.ac.uk or @bayes.city.ac.uk email addresses. This is how we identify your student status. If you created a guest or freshers’ account, please do not continue to use this account, you must now use your City student account.
You need your account to get tickets to an event, vote in an election and to purchase society memberships.
To log in:
1. Locate the Log In button on the top right of the website, or by using the menu button on mobile.
2. Click STUDENT LOG IN – and log in using your City Student identification, as you would other City services such as Moodle etc.
3. If you are logged in, you will be returned to the Home Page. Success.
If you end up on the ‘Oh, no’ page, there is a problem with your account.
How can I fix my account issues?
- If you have not long completed your registration, it will take up to 5 working days for your data to reach us. Please try again soon.
- Ensure you have completed your registration; you will not be able to log in to the SU website unless you are fully registered.
- If you have registered and waited 5 working days since registration, please email email@example.com, we can then take a look at this for you. Please be aware we are receiving a high-volume of emails at the moment.
How to purchase / claim a Free society membership?
- You MUST be logged in to your student account! We’re finding this is the common issue to why students are facing issues obtaining society memberships.
- You can only claim ONE free society membership.
- If you receive the error “Membership of City University of London Current Students required” this is a data-based issue, please email your name, student number and the society you are trying to join to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students must purchase a Standard Membership, the use of Associate Memberships is for non-student / alumni.