Officer Impact – April 2022
Here's what your SU officers have been getting up to lately
Your SU President, Shaima Dallali:
- After a few busy weeks, Shaima got successfully elected as the next President of the National Union of Students. (NUS)
Your VP Education, Ruqaiyah Javaid:
- Attended the NUS conference as a NUS delegate – Ruqaiyah was able to vote for your NUS full-time representatives, as well as vote and debate on the NUS priorities (from discussing the support for international students to decolonising education.)
- Finished recruiting the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Representatives. These representatives attended the Race Equality Charter away day and were able to provide valuable insight.
Here are what some of your representatives have been up to
Your Black & Minority Ethnic Officer, Purity Ajoko:
- Organised the ‘Decolonising the Law School’ event in collaboration with City Law School.
Your Bayes School Representative Officer, Prachi Jhaveri:
- Organised a career and networking event with Tata Consultancy services. Students who attended were able to hear about the different opportunities available to them within technical and non-technical roles.
Your Law School Representative Officer, Sarah Sahi:
- Organised and co-delivered the ‘City Law Masquerade Ball’. This event was an opportunity for Law students to come together and enjoy a nice meal with their peers to celebrate the end of Term 2.
Your Health Sciences School Representative Officer, Elaha Sayfi:
- Organised a SHS Social forum to collect feedback from SHS placement students on future initiatives and event ideas for building community within the School and across SHS programmes; the forum discussed ideas of SHS lanyards, regular Postgraduate mixers, and more large scale event opportunities that are interdepartmental and allows for collaborative experiences between different healthcare professions.