Start a new Society
When to apply
There are six application periods in an academic year for student groups to apply to become affiliated with the Students’ Union.
These new societies application periods are open to all current City, University of London students.
- Round 1: August 1-October 2
- Round 2: October 10-November 6
- Round 3: November 14-December 4
- Round 4: December 5-January 15
- Round 5: January 23-February 12
- Round 6: February 20-March 18
- The Societies Board meets one week after the end of each round to discuss applications received in that time and approves/rejects applications in this meeting, so don't worry if you haven't heard from us by the time the deadline has passed.
- When filling out your application, please give as much detail as possible about your society aims and proposed activities.
- Before completing an application you should read the Student Groups Regulations and the Template Student Group Constitution that you will need to compete for your society upon becoming affiliated.
- If your proposed society is similar to another one that already exists at City, please ensure that your application shows how you will be different and won't overlap.