Basket Login

Academic Support

All our advisers are trained and experienced in dealing with the Academic procedures of the University. If you are not sure what to do in relation to something in your Academic life – or if you want to use a particular procedure but are not sure how to go about it and maximise your chances of success, we’re here to help.

When Things Go Wrong

We hope that everything goes well during your course and during your exams, but we understand that things sometimes do go wrong. If they do, don’t panic.

If things do go wrong, it's important to remember that you are not alone.  You can seek help and support from your Personal Tutor, from the Student Centre, Learning Success as well as from us at the Union Advice.

It is likely that if things go wrong, the University will refer you to Union Advice for advice: your first step should be to contact us to make an appointment.

If you want to discuss your issues confidentially, please email us on

You can find further information on these pages about ill health and personal problems, and about academic misconduct in exams, plagiarism and collusion.

  • Academic Misconduct
  • Appeals
  • Exam Special Arrangements & Extenuating Circumstances

You can also find out what you can do if your grades weren't what you were expecting. You may also find the University's If Things Go Wrong pages useful.