PROGRAMME REP ELECTIONS 2021
Programme Rep elections are back for the new academic year and it’s the perfect time to make a difference to the academic experience of you and your course mates.
On this page you will find answers to the following questions:
Think of a Programme Rep as the spokesperson for all students on their course. You’ll be collecting feedback from students on your programme on both academic issues and non-academic issues, and raising these in important committee meetings with the University. By attending University meetings, you will play a key role in ensuring that the University is listening and responding to real student feedback (the good and bad), allowing you to share the progress of issues and the decisions being made with your peers.
There will be at least 2 Reps per course, and this year we are working hard to make sure that every course at City has student representation – all the way from Undergraduate courses up to PhD, so that your voices are heard. If you want to stand to be a Rep, you will be able to nominate yourself in class during the first few weeks of teaching. For more details, please contact your Course Leader.
1. You can help make change: Not only is the Programme Rep experience one that is rewarding like no other, you’ll play a valuable role in making the whole University experience much better for City students, meaning you and your peers will get the most out of your course.
2. You’ll become more employable: Your Programme Rep experience will boost your CV and employability for after University. As a Rep, you won’t be short of networking opportunities with other Reps, students and within the University. You’ll enhance skills like project management, interpersonal skills and campaigning skills that will make you stand out from the crowd.
3. You’ll be supported along the way: You’ll receive training support and development opportunities throughout the year by the Students’ Union to make the most out of your elected role. Your rep status also gives you a range of rewards including
- Personalised Hoodies and personalised business cards for purchase
- Exclusive training and paid research opportunities
- Programme Rep of the month prizes
- Vouchers for encouraging and participating in surveys
Important dates to keep in the diary:
Nominations open: Monday 4th October
Stand to be a programme rep and nominate yourself in class.
Nominations close: Sunday 17th October
Last day to nominate yourself as a representative for your programme.
Voting opens: Monday 25th October
Select who you want to see as your Programme Rep from all the nominations.
Voting closes: Thursday 28th October
Last day to place your votes.
Results published: Friday 29th October
Results from all programmes will be released to reveal your new appointed Programme Reps.
Please contact your Course Leaders if you have any questions on how the Programme Rep elections will run for your programme.
You can find more information about Programme Reps on our website here and keep an eye out on our What’s On page for any events Programme Rep related! If you have any further questions, you can always email the Representation team at firstname.lastname@example.org.