Set up a new Student Media Outlet
You need at least 3 registered City, University of London students to start a Student Group. In this page you can find an application form to complete, you need to give as much detail as possible about your society aims and proposed activities.
Before completing an application it is good to read the Students’ Unions Student Groups Regulations and the Template Student Group Constitution that you will need to compete for your Student Group upon becoming affiliated so you know what will be expected of you as an affiliated Media Outlet. This can be found at the bottom of this page.
The New Student Group Application Process…
Submit your application to the Students' Union (email@example.com). Any applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. Advice can be sought from the Senior Student Activities Coordinator before submitting your application.
After the period closes all new Media Outlet applications will be considered and approved/rejected by the Students' Union.
Our criteria for approval are:
- The application must be made by a current City, University of London student.
- There are 3 individual current students of City, University of London to take the 3 committee positions of President (or 'Editor' or 'Station Manager'), Finance Officer and Communications Officer (shared positions are not allowed).
- A new Media Outlet’s core activities do not overlap with an existing Media Outlet and not conflict with The Union’s aims.
- The group must be open to all City, University of London students.
- The group must be sustainable for future years
- The group is not constituted or governed by an external body.
- The activity is covered under the Students’ Union’s public liability insurance. Enquiries can be made to the Senior Student Activities Coordinator if the student group is unsure.
- The nature of the activity is not deemed to be of such a high risk that it would require a disproportionate amount of funding or staff time to monitor to ensure compliance with minimum safety standards or legal responsibilities
If it is approved then you will receive an email to let you know the next steps in making your Student Group active. This will involve:
- Completing your Student Group constitution
- Submitting committee details and social media platforms for the society so these can be added to the Students’ Union website under your Student Group page.
- Training of your committee members.
For enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the links below to download the application form, template Constitution and Student Group Regulations.
Download New Media Outlet application form
Download Template Student Group constitution
Download Student Groups regulations